Opie will have her first recital in 4 days. I’m realizing we’ve done some good things in preparation, but also wish we had done some things differently.
– go see other recitals, so she knows what a recital looks like and what to expect
– have a chance to practice in the performance space
– play her recital pieces for friends
– have identified her “best” reed & back-ups
– have tried not to create anxiety about the event
– nail down the exact tempo for each of her pieces two or three weeks in advance
– play them with metronome at that tempo every time in the following weeks
– should have a couple more reeds on hand
– look for more recital preparation tips or approaches that might help her
Has your student had their first recital? Any more ideas for me?